Egg freezing and in vitro fertilisation (IVF) therapy are two increasingly common choices for singles and couples looking to start a family. The Indian city of Jaipur is home to many well-regarded IVF clinics that provide various services to assist people in realising their ambition of establishing a family.
Are you looking for the best fertility centre with a high success rate? Aastha Fertility Center is the answer to all your fertility problems. They are the best and most transparent fertility clinic in Jaipur.
In this post, we will examine the possibilities and factors related to egg freezing at IVF clinics in Jaipur, offering helpful information for individuals thinking about these procedures.
What is IVF?
IVF short for In vitro fertilisation. It’s a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART) that is more well-known. In vitro fertilisation (IVF) involves a combination of pharmaceuticals and surgical procedures to aid sperm in fertilising an egg and the fertilised egg implanting in your uterus.
- You first consume a medication that develops and fertilises a large number of your eggs.
- The eggs are then taken out of your body and mixed with sperm in a lab to help the sperm fertilise the eggs.
- They implant one or more embryos—fertilised eggs—within your uterus. Pregnancy happens if some of the embryos connect to the uterine lining.
What is Egg Freezing?
Oocyte cryopreservation, also known as egg freezing, is the process of removing, freezing, and storing the eggs (oocytes) of a woman or other individual with ovaries.
The individual can try to get pregnant by using the frozen eggs in an IVF procedure involving later defrosting. Egg freezing offers a chance but does not guarantee a live birth as all artificial reproductive technologies do.
The quality of a woman’s eggs tends to decrease with age. After menopause, women will cease to ovulate, and the eggs may have more chromosomal defects. It indicates that her ovaries will stop producing eggs.
A specialised facility can freeze a woman’s eggs for use at a future date if she desires a child but is not ready or able to conceive.
Egg Freezing for Fertility Preservation For IVF
- The eggs are defrosted in a carefully regulated lab setting.
- They are then mixed with sperm (from a spouse or a sperm donor) in separate culture dishes and let 3-6 days to grow.
- A portion of the eggs will fertilise, divide, and develop into blastocysts (embryos) that can be transferred to the woman’s body.
- Not every frozen egg will develop into an embryo, and not everyone that is generated will successfully implant into a woman’s uterus.
Common Queries While Freezing Eggs for Later Pregnancy
– What is the best age to freeze the egg?
The best time to freeze your eggs is when you’re in your late 20s. However, women usually freeze their eggs between 30-35.
– If I’m over 40, may I freeze my eggs?
Yes, it is probable. However, the number of eggs that can be removed and frozen will be very few since the body produces fewer eggs. Studies show that women should store eggs before 36 because it could affect pregnancy rates.
– What steps are involved in freezing eggs?
The procedure is as follows when having your eggs frozen by Care Fertility:
- You must have blood testing to check for infections before freezing your eggs.
- You administer injections to encourage the production of plenty of eggs in the ovaries.
- Your eggs are then taken and frozen during a process that requires a general anaesthetic.
- The eggs are frozen and fertilised by inserting sperm into the egg when you’re ready to try for a baby.
– What is the success rate of egg freezing?
Because of the procedure’s recentness, success rates are frequently unpredictable. If the woman had her eggs removed before the age of 30, the success chances would be higher.
– For how long can eggs be kept?
Whether eggs deteriorate with time is still being determined, but in India, you can only store them for ten years.
– What number of eggs can be frozen?
The maximum number of eggs that can be preserved varies depending on the woman’s age. Eggs typically survive the freezing and thawing process 6 out of 8 times. To offer a woman a decent chance of having a live birth, 30 to 40 eggs must be preserved.
– Is a live birth guaranteed if I freeze my eggs?
Unfortunately, no. Other aspects to consider when attempting to get pregnant include age, health, and how many eggs are stored.
– How much does it cost to freeze eggs?
In India, egg freezing costs about 10,000 per month or 1.2 lacks per year.
For those who want to establish a family or maintain their fertility, IVF therapy and egg freezing are two alternatives. Before choosing, weighing aspects, including price, the likelihood of success, and potential emotional and physical effects, is crucial.
If you need any guidance regarding fertility issues or egg freezing, you could consult specialists at Aastha Fertility Care in Jaipur, offering a range of fertility services with highest success rates They could guide you through the process and solve all your dilemmas.