A composite sink is a beautiful addition to the kitchen. The engineered material is a mixture of acrylic resin with granite stone dust molded inside a sink form. A composite sink made of acrylic resin and quartz dust is another variant that comes under the label of granite sink and composite stone. These are interchangeably used to describe either of the materials. These composite granite sinks are ideal for the current kitchen because they have many advantages.
Hence, before you invest your money in the kitchen sink, you must go through the buyer’s guide that experts have provided. Kitchen remodeling requires the correct balance of different elements. The more calculative you are; the better consequences you may expect.
Reasons that make composite granite sink the best option
The composite sink provides an attractive alternative to traditional porcelain or stainless steel. Those sick and tired of the conventional sink can go for this modern variant. There are different variants of granite composite sink available in the market. You may also take the help of digital media for some new ideas for kitchen remodeling. More so, the granite composite sink has a list of advantages stated below:
- Variety– A range of granite sink sizes, styles, finishes, shapes, and colors complement different countertops. Black, white and brown are the most popular choices available in the market. If you compare these options with the stainless steel sink, you will see that the granite composite sink is a far better variant with a list of advantages. It is easy to maintain these sinks, and they have a seamless style that compliments different kitchen layouts.
- Consistency– If you go for an authentic variant of granite stone sink, you will see a natural color of stone revealed on the material. The composite sink features a uniform color all across the material that grabs everyone’s attention. Hence, if you want to remodel your kitchen and grab everybody’s attention, you must take a look at composite granite sinks.
- Cost– One of the critical reasons that make granite composite sink a viable option is the reasonable cost of this natural material. More so, the maintenance and installation charges are within the affordability of the middle-income group. Hence, a granite composite sink is a better alternative to other costly materials for an average homeowner.
- Little maintenance– As stated earlier, granite composite sink does not require much maintenance. Since a smooth Kraus granite composite sink comes from a natural material, the toughness of the sink has no substitute. It is hard to break and provides your kitchen with the much-needed robustness. These sinks can withstand regular wear and tear without much maintenance. Hence, you don’t have to employ professionals for the upkeep of the sink.
- Uniform color- The authentic appeal of the granite sink is not easy to recreate. The uniformity of color is a significant reason behind its growing popularity. The unique color and pattern have very little competition in the market, and it features different variants of designs, texture, color, and appeal. Hence, the granite composite sink has a natural charm that is very different from stainless steel.
However, a high-quality composite sink is a costly alternative to the stainless steel or porcelain sink. More so, the weight of this sink is usually on the heavier side if you compare it with stainless steel variants. Apart from these two areas, the composite sink is a much more practical alternative to the traditional choices.
How will you take care of your granite composite sink?
Ease of maintenance is a significant consideration for homeowners when purchasing a sink. Quality sink requires very little maintenance and keeps up their appearance for a long time. Hence, if you want something non-porous, resistant to stain, heat, and scratches, you must take a look at a granite composite sink. Removing stains and cleaning these things is an easy process that requires very little time and effort. You don’t need any harsh chemicals for the proper maintenance of the sink. Further, manufacturers suggest that household products are enough for keeping up the finish and appeal of the sink.
Care and maintenance guide
You may use warm water with mild dishwashing soap for cleaning the granite sink. If there are tough stains, all you need to do is sprinkle some baking soda and vinegar and keep it for some time. After a while, you can scrub it gently and wash it with water. Generally, the stain will reduce and not cause any damage to the sink. If you want to enjoy a substantial look with a natural feel along with durability, a composite sink is the best option.
Different from natural granite, the composite surface does not require sealing. However, the sink does require too much maintenance to ensure that the protective coat stays intact. If you want to accomplish this, you may have to take the help of professionals. However, that is not a hard and fast rule. If possible, you can use household tricks for removing stains and ensuring the finish stays for long.
As a responsible homeowner, you must analyze different elements for proper maintenance and upkeep. Whether it is the kitchen sink, kitchen appliances, refrigerator, or others, it must be in good condition so that you can safeguard your investment. All other aspects fall into place when your kitchen is in proper order. Installation of kitchen sink is a vital process that requires detailed planning and execution. In this stage, you may need the help of professionals who are good at it.
More so, you may grab their assistance for regular maintenance and upkeep and ask for help whenever required. You may contact them online because various retailers and professionals are available 24/7. Use the Internet for the best kitchen layout ideas and use them to your advantage. Lastly, you have to compare the different alternatives you get in the market to choose the one that suits your budget, is easy to maintain, simple to install, and is durable.